Live The Dream Films
... live at 24 frames per second
I Am Alive Tube
A homeless person battles against man’s callus nature in order to be seen in an otherwise invisible world.
I Am Alive Tube was a Social Filmmaking community who's purpose was to puts a face on America's homeless society, so they may never be forgotten. It ran for 12 months before funding ran out the program was stopped, which was a very sad moment for all of us.
The Urban Institute estimates that about 3.5 million US residents, including 1.35 million children, have been homeless for a significant period of time. Over 37,000 homeless individuals, including 16,000 children, stay in shelters in New York every night.
Through social filmmaking, we believe you can bring a face to those that otherwise are faceless. You can show the darkness of their plight and pain; the magnitude of their misery. But you can also shine the light of hope by documenting the kindness of a helpful hand, programs that help those in need, or just a cycle that was broken.
Live The Dream Films was proud to be a founding sponsor and charter member of this very special social filmmaking community.
Project ID: LTDF-005 (LTDF-001: Proof of Concept Completed)
Program Manager: Jerry Smith
Projected Start Date: TBD
1. Site Development (March 1, 2009)
2. Site preload (April 6, 2009)
3. Facebook/MySpace Community Development (April 6, 2009)
4. Outreach (April 13, 2009)
5. Alpha Video Uploads (April 20, 2009)
6. Beta Release (April 27, 2009)
7. General Release (May 11 , 2009)
8. Discontinued operations do to lack of funding (June 2010) - very sad day
9. Restarted activities - Date to be determined by you
1. Find long term funding partner
2. Seek individual contributions
3. Create national video program for high school students
4. Have an idea on how to see I Am Alive Tube come to life, again? Please email us.